A really long time in the making, los hombres at MXUnit.org (http://mxunit.org) are finally distributing the first production release of their open source Unit Test Framework and Eclipse Plugin for ColdFusion Developers.
The big truth is that we want to get this version out because we are chomping at the bit to make MXUnit much more robust and flexible -"We're figuring on biggering and biggering ..." - Dr. Suess
Improvements since RC-1:
* More documentation and tutorials
* Dictionary and snippets for CFEclipse
* assertXPath(...) for testing generated html, xml, and anonymous web pages
* assertSame()/assertNoteSame() - Thanks Mark Mandel!
* HTML runner and remote web runner for test suites
* Test Blaster - recursive test stub generator
* Ant task: errorproperty/failure property, and more ...
* J2EE CFML open source (Railo/OBD) comparability issues addressed - Thanks Adam Haskel!
* And one, maybe two minor bug fixes ;-)
* Selenium Integration
* Annotations for flexibility
* Improved TestSuite constructs
* Test report generation (in lieu of JUnit reports)
* And more ...
* ColdFusion Meetup - "Database-centric Testing w/MXUnit", Thursday, July 17, 2008. 12:00 Noon EDT
* Adobe Max 2008 - "Advanced Patterns for ColdFusion Test Automation", Wednesday, November 19, 9:30 AM PST
* Easy to see your data with cfoutput, cfdump, and debug()
* Easy to run single test functions
* Easy "directory runner" for running entire directories of tests
* Easy to test private functions in your components
* Ability to switch to message-first style assertions to help ease transition from other frameworks
* A plethora of output formats from which to choose
* Ant Integration
* A team actively improving the framework, making testing easier, and providing abundant documentation
Special thanks out to Sean Corfield all the folks who really kicked the tires and gave good honest feedback! Keep 'em coming ...
The Guys at MXUnit.org