Real-World TDD: fixing a bug using the TDD approach
Saturday, January 26, 2008 Posted by Marc Esher at 10:48 AM
I found a bug the other night in the MXUnit eclipse plugin. I thought documenting my approach to fixing that bug might be useful as a case study in bug fixing using a test-driven approach. In this case study, I walk through step by step what I did to fix the bug and prove it was fixed. What I like about this is that it's a real-world example. It's not canned. Canned stuff can take on an air of "oh, my, look how neat and tidy this all is!". Don't get caught up in the particulars of the bug. They're not important. The important part is the method. So, here it is. Enjoy.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment